Biography of Subfractal:
Growing up in Karachi, Pakistan, Fahad Ahmad and Syed Mishaal Raza, like so many others, aspired to follow in the footsteps of legends like Lawler, Tenaglia and Tong. However, Fahad and Syed didn’t cross paths until 2006 after they’d both moved to Canada, where the burgeoning electronic music scene and a common love of techno brought them together.
After collaborating on a handful of projects, the musical chemistry between the duo became evident, and Subfractal was born.
Since then, their brand of brooding, driving, beautifully dark minimal techno has been propelling them up the ranks of the electronic music scene with breakneck speed.
Their music has reached international audiences through releases on well-respected labels like Harthouse, Excentric Muzik, Sleaze Records, Bosphorus Underground, Respekt Recordings, Frequenza, Brood Audio, CODE, Piso Records, Klimaks, Airbus, Teggno, Inminimax and many others.
With support from industry heavyweights like Umek, Adam Beyer, Richie Hawtin, Dubfire, Spektre, Fergie, Hernan Cattaneo, Phunk Investigation, Noir and so many more, it’s no surprise that Subfractal’s releases routinely appear in the upper echelons of countless techno and minimal charts.
In 2009, their remix of Larry Power’s ‘Milk’ spent over six weeks in the highly coveted #1 spot on the Beatport Minimal Charts. Since then, their releases have seen success in the Beatport Top 100 Techno Chart on several occasions, including a handful already in 2011.
Acclaimed performances at WMC in Miami, the Detroit Electronic Movement Festival and clubs around the world have seen Subfractal rip dancefloors apart with their showcases of booming underground techno and dark heavy minimal.
Fahad and Syed currently operate out of Toronto and New York City respectively, and continue to demonstrate their versatility. They’re constantly remixing talented artists across various sub-genres of electronic music, and throwing events to help up-and-coming DJs gain exposure.
Expectations are flying high for this talented duo in 2011, and with a plethora of marquee releases and live shows on the way, they’re most definitely up for the challenge.
Tittle: Prosthetic Pressings Podcast PPOD #007 –
Rls date: 15-08-2011
01. Lex Gorrie – Captain Beef – Illegal Alien Records
02. Frank Sonic, Mike Maass – Blizzard (A. Mochi Remix) – Trapez
03. Sasha Carassi – Fragma – Harthouse
04. Kyle Geiger – Pulse – Sleaze Records Uk
05. A. Mochi – C2M (Gary Beck Remix) – Figure
06. Tom Laws – Hypberbolic (D.A.V.E The Drummer Remix) – Phobiq
07. Tony Rohr – Eden Acid (The Advent & Industrialyzer Remix) – H-Productions
08. Kalden Bess aka m0h – Death Squad (Drumcell Remix) – Blind Spot
09. Peja – Bol – Original Mix – Amazone Records
10. Alejandro Trebor – Collapse – Original Mix – Nachtstrom Schallplatten
11. Slam – Area 51 – Original Mix – Drumcode
12. Sian – Equus – Dustin Zahn Remix – Octopus Records